Dec 2, 2022 | Friday
South Huntsville's Christmas on the River at Ditto Landing
Ditto Landing, Madison County Commission, and South Huntsville Main Business Association are working together to create South Huntsville's very own Christmas tradition - Christmas on the River!
December 2 - 22, 2022
Click here to join us by displaying your own custom-designed Christmas Card along the Tennessee River Greenway. Christmas Cards are 4'x8' plywood custom designed by you and your team - cost $200 per card. Christmas on the River will be FREE to the public. More news to come!
Christmas Card Registration
We have added some of the guidelines and info that we have been sending to our sponsors. Here is a link to fill in your contact information. Christmas Card Lane Sponsorship Signup $200
Thank you for your interest in sponsoring a Christmas Card at Christmas on the River.
You may pick up your card at Ditto Landing between 9am and 4pm (Mon-Sun). It is helpful if you call ahead to let us know the day that you plan to pick up your card.
You may also paint your card on-site – again, just call ahead so that we can be prepared for you.
Ditto office: 256.882.1057
Ditto on-site crew: 256.883.9420
Brandi Quick: 256.990.4960
Here are some guidelines as you begin your journey to create your Christmas Card.
- The Christmas Cards are 4’x8’ sheets of plywood. They are strong and heavy. You will need a pickup truck to pick up your backboard – and some help or we can provide a helping hand.
- The backboards are sealed with white exterior paint.
- Be sure to include your company, organization, family, group name on your card – we will not have yard signs in front of your cards. You may want to add your website, contact info, or a QR code to the design of your card – great idea!
- Also write your company name, contact name, and phone number on the back of your card.
- We would prefer that you be creative and paint/create your own design. Please be sure your message and design are family friendly.
- As an alternative option, you can create a graphic and work through Tom Jeffrey’s Signs to have your graphic placed on a piece of coroplast – they are giving us a great deal for “printing” your design – only $75 (design work may cost extra). Please know that they will only get busier as the opening day for COTR grows near – submit your request early! We will attach your coroplast creation to your backboard if you just drop it by the Ditto Landing office – go to the Fuel Dock at the Harbor and you will find us there.
- If you paint or create your own design on your backboard, be sure to seal the entire board. Remember your Card will be out in the weather for almost 7 weeks.
- Your Card can be displayed either portrait or landscape. If you choose portrait, please let me know as soon as possible as most of our stands are built for landscape.
- Please DO NOT cut your backboard. You may attach things to your backboard but be sure to have all attachments removed by January 2.
- We will store your backboard for you until next year. Simply remove attachments and leave your backboard in place and we will pick them up after January 2. Please do not take your backboard with you without talking to me first.
- Please make every effort to have your painted board back to Ditto Landing by November 15 so that we can begin installing them. We will not be receiving cards over the Thanksgiving holidays (November 24-25). Cards should be completed with attachments prior to November 28.
- Cards will be lit with small spotlights to let your holiday wishes shine during the day and at night.
- Important dates
- Pickup dates: Now until November 15 9am-4pm – please call ahead to make your pickup go more efficiently
- On-site painting: Anytime – just let us know
- Card Return: Now until November 15 9am-4pm
- Completed Card Drop-off Deadline: November 15
If you have not paid for your card, please feel free to drop off a check in the amount of $200 when you pick up your card. List identifying information in Memo on check.
If your organization would like to become more involved – we have a volunteer signup page - Just click here. We also have a few more sponsorship opportunities – just give me a call for up-to-date information on sponsorships.
Thanks again for sponsoring some holiday cheer on Christmas Card Lane. Follow us on Facebook for more exciting additions to Christmas on the River. Click here to go to our Facebook page.